The purpose of this job is to utilize specialized Real Estate knowledge in order to provide assistance with portfolio management, perfection of loan documentation (pre and post closing), and technical assistance as needed to relationship managers to ensure timely and accurate coordination of reviews, renewals, modifications, exceptions, and all other aspects of the real estate lending and portfolio management process.
· Responsible for assisting with all activity after loan closing to successfully service and manage1real estate portfolio, including processing draws and exceptions, reviewing credit ratings, tracking commitment letters and expirations, past dues, etc.· Responsible for coordination and perfection of loan documentation after approval, including attorney, inspector, etc.· Responsible for reviewing credit rating/recommendations, ensuring timely renewals, modifications, extensions, etc. Managing loan renewals, including negotiating terms and handling renewal through the approval process and closing.· Responsible for ensuring accuracy in portfolio, past dues, exceptions, and other responsibilities directly related to portfolio management.· Responsible for representing CRM in OCC and Loan Review, as needed, as it related to portfolio quality and exceptions.· Training and possible management of REA (level I) and RE Secretaries as assigned
· Junior college/two-year college training or equivalent job related experience (including documentation, customer contact, loan closing, etc.)· Minimum two (2) years prior experience as a Real Estate Assistant I
OR experience in commercial real estate collateral, security documentation, lien perfection requirements, and loan compliance regulations
· In-depth and functional understanding of Commercial Real Estate and hands-on experience in related loan documentation (required)
· Knowledge of bank policies, procedures, and commercial loan software preferred
· Retail Bank knowledge including product knowledge and sales skills and knowledge of Trustmark policies, procedures, and M&I, B2B, and Appro loan systems required· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Good organizational skills
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent time management skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required
· Typing skills - Test 35 wpm
Teamwork and the individual contributions of our associates are recognized as the drivers of our success. At Trustmark, we are committed to preserving and advancing a diverse and inclusive workplace, where each associate, customer and shareholder is respected, valued and encouraged to share in our commitment. We make significant investments in our associates so that they may enhance their personal and professional skills, because we want each associate to grow, flourish and fulfill their career aspirations. Come onboard and join our team!
Trustmark exemplifies the strength and possibilities that come with a diverse and inclusive team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, genetic information, pregnancy, national origin, protected veteran, disability status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. Trustmark is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accomodation for individuals with disabilities in employment.
If you need accomodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an email to email@example.com or call 866.213.1418.
Upon accepting a position with Trustmark, the following pre-employment screenings must be completed: