Mueller Industries, Inc. (Mueller) is a leading manufacturer of copper, brass, aluminum, and plastic products with operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Great Britain, South Korea and China. It operates in two segments, plumbing and refrigeration and original equipment manufacturing.
Since beginning in 1917 in Port Huron, Michigan as Mueller Metals Company, and later Mueller Brass Company, the organization has built a well-earned reputation for producing the finest quality products in the industry and has excelled in the development of new products and innovative manufacturing processes.
Mueller utilized NMTC proceeds in the second phase of its expansion and modernization of copper tube and line production at its Fulton, Mississippi facility, which resulted in its largest such facility in North America. The project allowed for the development of a new distribution center to support facility growth resulting from Phase I of the project. Mueller has maintained a substantial presence in the Fulton area since 1969 and has grown its workforce to approximately 530 people.
Mueller has a strong connection to the Fulton, Mississippi community and has received tremendous support for their role in creating jobs and spurring additional economic development.
- Phase I resulted in approximately 76 additional employees
- Phase II added another 20-25 jobs from the development of a distribution center and 22 full-time construction jobs
- Employees at the Fulton location receive competitive wages and a benefits package
- Mueller utilized local suppliers and companies for the site prep, construction, electrical, rigging, and paving in the Phase II project
- Approximately 95% of total spend for this project was awarded to local and community suppliers