Nemak USA, Inc., a leading provider of innovative light-weighting solutions for the global automotive industry, specializes in the development and manufacturing of aluminum components for powertrain and body structure applications.
Nemak USA, Inc., was incorporated in 1986 and is based in Dickson, Tennessee. What started as a single plant has grown over the years, reaching six production plants, one melting center, and one machining plant. Nemak employs more than 23,000 people at 38 facilities worldwide.
Nemak Alabama produces engine blocks and structural components. NMTC proceeds were used by Nemak Alabama for upgrades to its Sylacauga, AL facility, which were necessary to stay competitive in the marketplace.
- Nemak Alabama bid on and won two new contracts with project lives of five to six years
- This project reduced the capital costs to Nemak and provided $48 million in upgrades, expansions, and additional equipment necessary for securing additional programs
- This project saved 100 jobs that were at risk if new programs had not been secured
- 40 additional permanent jobs were created
- Additional equipment and upgrades provided future growth for the plant, giving it a more modern and competitive manufacturing process